Easterndaze #2 Ukraine Audio Diary
7 January 2018
The second episode of Easterndaze focuses on niche oddities from the Ukraine.
Easterndaze is a project established in 2010. Initially started as an audio travelogue charting the new music developments in Central and Eastern Europe. From Bucharest to Skopje, Poznan to Kosice, Easterndaze has travelled the region and talked to bedroom producers, DIY label owners, organisers, etc. The project aims to connect and uncover projects/labels/musicians/initiatives that have sprung in the last few years across the region, and contextualise them within the specific sociopolitical, economic and historical perspective.
I want to thank Vanya Samokrutkin from the System label for all his help making this happen.
1. Pavel Milyakov - Mondjazz (Muscut)
2. Field recording - bus (16. 11. 2017)
3. Papiro - Rhenus Rebus (Muscut)
4. Field recording - Hypnohouse (Bejenec live - 18. 11. 2017, Lviv)
5. Clasps - Harlot (система | system)
6. Field recording - Ternopil train station (19. 11. 2017)
7. Chillera - SCHAX (Muscut)
8. B1per - Duten Pula (Suck Puck)
9. Molodoy Chelovek - Untitled 1 (система | system)
10. Field recording - 20ft Radio broadcasting live (24. 11. 2017, Kyiv)
11. Nikolaienko - Curious Casus (Muscut)
12. Neither Famous Nor Rich (NFNR) - Night Improvisation
13. Field recording - Petrovka market (27. 11. 2017, Kyiv)
14. John Object - Steroid Bath
15. The Son of a Seagull - Internet feat. Garden Krist
16. CHSZM - Fake Cough (система | system)
17. CHSZM - Landlock (система | system)
18. Konakov - The End